Monday, June 30, 2008

A Rose By Another Other Name... Would still be featured in a zillion photographs and peoms.

Last week I mentioned I was on a bird kick and had created a lot of art featuring the little chirpers. I just realized I have a second recent obsession too...roses.

I have just released 3 new rose prints in my ImageKind gallery. I also have greated several pieces of jewelry featuring this romantic flower.

Though roses have been featured over and over in just about every medium imaginable, we never seem to get tired of their beauty and the romance they represent. At least that's true for us chicks. ;o)

The rose has always been the inspiration for artist, song writers and poets. Maybe because it is so intricate but just simply beautiful too. I guess there is a lot you can say about something that is complex and simple at the same time.

"You love the roses - so do I. I wishThe sky would rain down roses, as they rain from off the shaken bush. Why will it not? Then all the valley would be pink and white and soft to tread on. They would fall as light as feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be like sleeping and like waking, all at once! " ~ Roses by George Eliot

No comments: