Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My new favorite folk artist inspires people in more ways than one


Be True
Originally uploaded by
Paulette Insall

Modern Folk Art at its finest. That's what I see when I look at the art work of Paulette Insall (http://www.pauletteinsall.com/). I have seen her art on flickr and for sale in her Etsy shop and oogled (is that a word?) over it for more than a moment. I love the simplicity of it at first glance, but then I love it's complexity that becomes apparent the more you look at the work. Maybe I also love it because it is inspiring me to want to paint folk art again. It has been several years since I did anything other than abstract painting and I'm wondering why now because I really enjoy folk art painting even more.

The angel door topper is something I painted for my sister back in 1999. I have not painted anything like that since, but now I think I am ready to give it another try thanks to Paulette's inspiring work.

Paulette not only inspires with her paintings, but she is a Christian artist who is open about her faith and witnesses with her work and websites. She makes wonderful YouTube videos about her art that are backed with contemporary Christian music and I just love it.

I am so glad to have found her on the web!

Please check out her store, blogs & vlogs via her site www.pauletteinsall.com.



1 comment:

Paulette Insall ~ Reflecting Colors of the Soul said...

Awww Lisa thanks soooo much for posting about me and my work on your blog! You're a sweetie!

And I love your angel door topper!!! Wow! You need to get to painting again girlie!! :D xoxo

Blessings,
Paulette
pauletteinsall.typepad.com