Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I am orange today. Loud and messy like finger paints..."

I am guessing if you live in the U.S. you have probably heard the 'colors' song referenced above in the recent Dell laptop commercial that came out. You might have even found yourself singing along. I did. Finally I had to go find the song and download it from iTunes. Its' called "Colors" by Kira Wiley and I just love the song because I feel in colors too and that is the premise of the song.

I especially love the line "I am orange today. Loud and messy like finger paints..." I am SO in the mood to paint. And paint MESSY! But, I have not had the time to do it like I like to do it. I like to give in and let it take me away. Let the brush and paint and water flow in unplanned directions. A little drip here. A little splatter there. All distressed and lumpy with finger marks and sandpaper scratches. I like to use colors that don't seem like they should be used together and accidental 'mud' is always welcome too.

Until I have time to get down and dirty with some colorful tubes of goodness, I will have to live vicariously through YouTube art videos like those of artist Lisa Cole (She has a great first name I think... tee hee). She paints messy and whimsical too. It must be a "Lisa" thing. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/lisacole690



1 comment:

Lisa @ Perfectly Peculiar said...

hi lisa :)

i just now saw this ... how cool ... & glad you like my art ...

wow, is that your jewelry? ... very nice ...

xoxo